Saturday, July 10, 2004

A Spidey Skeptic (hehe)

Uh-oh.

Am I going to be the only one with issues against Spiderman the movie?!?!

I must find some reinforcements before the pansy gets trampled by the madding crowd! Or worse, elephants! Hehehe!

It’s actually everyone's fault :-P. Having come from our discussion on rowing a million miles for love, I came to the conclusion that love is true, and fear is false (see Joannie's).

So it was that I saw Spiderman 2 already knowing in my soul that loving someone truly, and doing what you are meant to do is not a contradiction. Am done with this particular drama. I feel that love makes you more of yourself, and when you are more of yourself, you are able to do better at what you do. It’s that spring in your step, that twinkle in your eye, and the web that shoots out from your palms. Hehehe!

So, I saw the movie with mind and spirit already resolved about this dilemma. In other words, di ako naka-relate sa lahat ng emote tungkol dito. (:-P Please huwag niyo muna akong patayin habang hindi pa niya ako mahal. Hehehehe!) While Peter Parker was emoting to himself about it, I was saying in my head, nah, that should not be a problem because love is true. Hehehe! So I wasn’t too happy on this love or heroism question, even though it was, in the end, resolved in love and heroism’s favor. It took too long! :D Pero sige lang.

Secondly, I was so into the movie at the beginning that my moviemate thinks I plain got tired out and just started disbelieving. Yup, too true. The first part had me bleeding on to the sticky cinema floor mess (oo na, saw the movie at a less desirable for movies mall, hehehe but it’s not my fault :D) for poor Peter and all his tragedies in life. Especially his poor aunt about to be driven out of house and home. It got to be too much. I just gave up.

Third, at some point in the movie, I just felt my brain had zombied. I was bored with the villains, bored with the love question, bored with the tragedies. Maybe this is because I don’t really believe in villains. I like movies with multi-dimensional characters, where you get caught up in the intricacies of each person.

But yes, Spiderman spinning and springing from building to building was indeed a sight to behold. Fantastic graphics :D

Plus, I've always liked Tobey Maguire! And it wasn't bad, just that I wasn't floored. :D

And yes, I too have loved blockbuster movies, so am not some bornot girl just wanting to take issue with the current most popular movie worldwide. I adored Troy, giggled to Shrek, and cheered for Harry and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

This spirituality. It gets in the way of maximizing P80. Or not. Hahaha.

I love you all :D.


Back to Pansy Fancy main page, please

2 Comments:

Blogger d said...

hihihihi. i couldn't relate to his citylife tragedies too! exadge! also, about his dilemma, i wasn't so into it myself, only because i already knew (well most of us have known for years) that he and MJ actually 'got it on'. my love story is more interesting than theirs. (hahaha! daw gaga.) but i loved watching him fly and crawl and swing from one building to the other and hearing him cheer himself on.

i am actually more touched about spidey and harry. harry really loves him!!! he resents him, admires him, is envious of him. but harry loves him. Sigh.

1:58 PM  
Blogger :) said...

oh you mean the FRIENDSHIP part?!? hihihihihihi! Aquarians :-P :-D

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home